Friday, June 6, 2014

Fast Friday June 6, 2014

Lifted weights last night. As I indicated in a prior post I have ramped up my dryland program because I believe I need to get stronger if I want to swim faster.  I would like to break 5:00 in the 400 free at Zones next month.  But weight training has a tendency to slow me down in practice so it is a trade off.  Lifting the night before Fast Friday may not be ideal.

Shared a lane with Larry, Kristy, Robert (who is both younger and faster), Dave-o, Stacy.

Warm up:
20:00 "meet warm up" (choice)
Main set:
8 x pick your distance @ 8:00, active recovery after each.  I swam 200s and held 2:38-2:39 on the first six and 2:40 and 2:41 on the last two.

My goal was to hold 2:36, so I was disappointed with my performance when I finished.  But this is why I blog my workouts.  As it turns out  I maintained the same pace on this set last summer (we swam a total of 6 x 200 at that time), and I hadn't lifted the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment