Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wednesday February 1, 2012

Today marks the beginning of what for me has always been the longest month of the year, which is fortunate in that I now have less than three months until nationals.  My self diagnosis has changed; I believe that I am suffering from rhomboid tendinitis rather than a muscle strain.  I reached this conclusion because I could not identify a specific event that would have resulted in an injury, I have had no muscle tenderness, and the pain has a tendency to flare after activity but does not resolve with rest.  I have continued to apply ice after practice and again at night and have been performing rhomboid stretches in addition to my usual rotator cuff band exercises.  This morning I actually felt less discomfort toward the end of practice, so I seem to be on the right track.  I have also been working on my posture which, like most swimmers, is poor.

I swam at Nitro today with David, Anthony, and Steve.  Stephen coached.

400 SKP
Main set, no additional rest:
3 x 100 @ 1:30
8 x 25 @ :40
3 x 100 @ 1:25
8 x 25 @ :35
3 x 100 @ 1:20
8 x 25 @ :30
3 x 100 @ 1:15
8 x 25 @ :25
Held 1:10-1:11 on the 100s and felt pretty smooth
2 x 275 pull (no paddles)

No comments:

Post a Comment