Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thursday February 9, 2012

I am continuing to swim through what I believe is a case of rhomboid tendinitis; technically this would be considered an overuse injury, but it is one that, like other bouts of tendinitis I have dealt with in the past, does not respond to rest and inactivity.  In fact, I often feel better after practice than I did before.  Yesterday's workout consisted primarily of drills.  Anthony and I added a set of 5 x 100 @ 1:15 at the end.  I felt strong on the first three, holding 1:10-1:11, but slowed a bit on the last two.  I decided to try lifting weights again last night after taking a few weeks off from the gym.  I backed off about 5 pounds on the upper body exercises and didn't experience any acute pain in my rhomboid area.  I also added seated rows to strengthen the rhomboids.

This morning I swam at Nitro with Tricia and Stefan, next to David, Steve, Zach, Tom, Jean, and Jeff.  Jordan coached.

200 SKIPS
2 x 100 strokes (free), #1 with a pull bouy, #2 without; I averaged 15 strokes/25 and went about 165 yards
8 x 75 fly/back/breast @ 1:20, experiencing mild but tolerable discomfort on the fly; I am working on an out of the water recovery on breast
9 x 50 fly/back, back/breast, breast/free @ :50
4 x 100 IM @ 1:40, cruised these and held 1:20-1:21
8 x 25 kick @ :30
100 easy

No comments:

Post a Comment