Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tuesday October 25, 2011

I missed Saturday's practice because I had a meeting out of town (without access to a pool!).  I swam 4800 at Barton Springs on Sunday morning; my Xterra wetsuit kept me warm, and I was able to complete 12 laps.  Yesterday's practice at Nitro was largely forgettable, as I was feeling pretty sluggish in the pool, possibly due to a lack of sleep.  I lifted weights last night and was a bit sore this morning.  I swam with Steve, Tom, Ron, and David.  Jordan coached.

200 SKIP
4 x (4 x 50), IM order, descending interval
4 x 200 IM @ 3:00, averaged 2:45-2:48; didn't feel great on these
4 x 50 kick @ 1:00, made the interval despite pulling on the lane rope less on the first two
4 x 100 @ 1:15, swam these instead of pulling and averaged 1:10, felt reasonably strong
8 x 50 @ :45, starting in the middle of the pool, averaged :33
100 easy

Hoping that my speed will return when I taper for the San Antonio meet in December (scm).  The line between training hard and overtraining can be tricky to judge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment