Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Monday September 26, 2011

Swam at Nitro on Saturday with my daughter Jennifer, who was home for the weekend, as well as Anthony, David, Steve, Tom, and Zach.  Stephen coached.

500 swim
8 x 100 @ 2:00, drill
1 x 200 pull
1 x 200 fast, for time; went 2:11, which is a practice PB.  I really didn't think I was adequately warmed up to throw down a fast 200, but I decided to go for it anyway and was very happy with the result.  But I paid the price later.
4 x 100 @ 1:30
4 x 75 @ 1:00
4 x 50 @ :40
4 x 25 @ :20
100 easy

After practice I began experiencing some discomfort in my left shoulder; it has been awhile since I have had a flare of tendinitis, but I knew it wasn't an injury so I didn't panic.  I did my band exercises, iced the shoulder at bedtime, and took some Aleve.  By the next morning it was significantly better, and I swam 4400 yards (11 laps) at Barton Springs with David and Anthony.  It was still warm enough outside that I didn't need a wetsuit, although I will likely need one during the winter months.  I backed off a bit on "number nine" and didn't try to stay with my training partners who were racing that lap as we usually do.  My treatment plan was successful; Monday morning the shoulder was 100%, and I was swimming without pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment