Wednesday, August 3, 2011

One Fine Day

On Sunday I swam 4000 yards at Barton Springs with Anthony, one of my training partners from Nitro; we began at 5:45 while it was still dark and finished shortly after 7:00, which is when many of the triathletes and open water swimmers arrive.  The water was clear and cold, and as always we swam the ninth lap (out of ten) strong.  Then it was off to Starbucks for my usual grande latte, followed by brunch with my son at the Counter Cafe on South Lamar, home of the second best burger in Texas according to Texas Monthly.  Afterwards, we lifted weights at Life Time, then caught a matinee of Cowboys and Aliens.  Before going to bed I checked the event rankings for the 800 free and saw that I was still #6 in my age group, which was a nice way to end a perfect day. 

Monday morning I swam at Nitro with Anthony, Tom, and David.  Stephen coached.

800 swim, 200 kick, 400 pull
6 x (100 free @ 1:30/50 kick @ 1:30), averaged 1:17-1:18 on the 100s, went 1:15 on the last one
4 x 200 pull
100 easy

No comments:

Post a Comment