Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Intolerable

A pastor of a small church in Florida has drawn worldwide attention by announcing his plans to burn copies of the Quran on Saturday. A Tea Party follower tells a reporter that he learned all that he needs to learn about Islam from the events of 9/11. And Gov. Rick Perry, at a campaign stop in Temple, is quoted in the Texas Tribune: "We're creating more jobs than any other state in the nation...Would you rather live in a state like this, or in a state where a man can marry a man?" Tough choice, Governor, but I think I'll go with the state that practices tolerance. I'm just not sure where that is right now.

Swam at Life Time in the indoor 25 meter pool this morning because of street flooding down the road from Nitro.

500 swim, 200 kick, 300 pull
10 x 50 @ 1:00 drill/swim, felt choppy
15 x 100 @ 1:20, averaged 1:21-1:22, :02/100 off my usual pace, HR at the end was 150
100 easy

Thinking I may be overtrained this week, especially after lifting last night. I had planned to take tomorrow off anyway for Rosh Hashanah. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment