Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hungry

Since today is Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement (which is a day of fasting), I didn't swim. On this day we pray that our names (collectively) will be written in the Book of Life for the next year. Which reminds me of a joke my son heard at school (Jews always tell jokes in times of hardship). Two baseball fans are debating whether there is baseball in heaven. They make a pact that whichever one of them dies first will check it out and report back to the other. Some time passes, and one of them dies. He goes to heaven and, after having a look around, returns to find his friend. He tells him, "I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that there is indeed baseball in heaven." "That's great," his friend says, "But what's the bad news?" "You're pitching tomorrow."

Anyway, I did swim at Life Time yesterday afternoon in the indoor 25 meter pool.

400 swim, 200 kick, 400 pull
15 x 100 @ 1:30--held them all under 1:20; this was my best effort in quite a while. A few years ago I swam a similar set in New Bern at the YMCA (scy) with my training partners Mark Doyle and Andrea Packard--15 x 100 @ 1:20 holding 1:10s; they led the lane for most of that set so I did pick up a bit of a draft.
200 easy

Swam at Nitro on Saturday with Steve, David, Greg, Tom, and Larry. Clint coached.

500 SKP
Drop down 50s:
12 x 50 @ 2:00, subtracting 5 seconds from the interval after each 50, swam these fly
12 x 50 @ 1:00, subtracting 2, swam these free
12 x 50 @ 1:00, same way
Started a final round beginning at :50, dropping 2 seconds after each until we missed the interval, but the age groupers arrived and we had to leave

No comments:

Post a Comment