Thursday, July 30, 2009

Nothing special

Swam at Nitro with Steve, next to Greg and Jeanne. The pool was set up long course. Water temp was 82. We really don't have a coach on deck (Clint gives instruction to a handful of novice swimmers in the lesson pool and tells us when our time is up), but Mike Koleber writes our workouts on a white board the night before.

500 swim, 500 kick
10 x 50 @ 1:00, worked on six beat kick and weak side breathing
10 x 50 @ 1:00 pull
10 x 50 @ :55, worked on six beat kick and weak side breathing again, averaged :40
10 x 50 @ 1:05 choice, odds fly, evens easy back; averaged :40 on the fly
100 easy

2 comments:

  1. I agree nothing special but sometimes those meat and potatoes workouts really help. :40 on the 50 flys in the last round is very good, well done. I have developed a phobia over 50 fly long course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I watched a Phelps video once where Bowman emphasized "soft hands" on the entry, so I keep repeating that to myself until my brain runs out of oxygen (usually around the 45 meter mark!).

    ReplyDelete